The main objective of the MAKE IT project is to use an EU harmonized qualification system, the EWF Qualification system, and to adapt it to the current market needs. This will be done by:
- - Re-designing the current system to fit the industry requirements in terms of qualified personnel;
- - Re-designing the training curricula by introducing modern training and evaluation tools for an intermediate level of qualification - the “European Welding Practitioner”.
A recognition and validation of competences model for the “European Welding Practitioner” profile will be used, applying the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and the European Credit system for Vocational Education and Training (ECVET) methodologies to this curriculum. This aims at:
- - Introducing this innovative training qualification among new EU partners;
- - The introduction of a Recognition of Prior Learning Model (RPL) among EU partners that are already providing training, but do not have established processes for recognition of work-based learning and validation of qualifications;
- - The identification of common procedures and gaps related to the “European Welding Practitioner” qualification profile in the different EU countries;
- - Establishing an operational framework to develop a model based on EQF levels, boosting the recognition and transfer of credits by applying ECVET methodology and tools;
- - Enhancing skills and competences of trainers in the welding sector, by promoting the exchange of successful pedagogical methods and practices between teachers and trainers from VET;
- - Developing an EU Network to stimulate future cooperation and mobility in the field of education and work and promoting the project results as a best practice to other sectors.